City Green Solutions
Established in 1999, City Green’s roots were planted by delivering a wide range of environmental programs – sustainable transportation, urban gardening, green home visits and climate change education.
In 2005, City Green incorporated as a non-profit society and made the strategic decision to exclusively focus on energy (and water) efficiency in homes and buildings. At the same time, we evolved into a social enterprise that uses commercial strategies to maximize improvements in environmental well-being and to promote, encourage, and make social change happen.
As an enterprising non-profit:
- We only provide home and energy building services that result in a positive environmental impact – reducing energy and water consumption in homes and buildings.
- We dedicate our time and experience to make energy efficiency programs better, to inform policy and regulations, and to grow the home energy performance industry.
- We aim to increasingly operate in environmentally responsible ways.
- We provide transparent and impartial services.
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding innovative home and building energy efficiency solutions.
Our Environmental Mission: To excite, inspire, and lead British Columbians in taking both simple and extraordinary actions to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions of homes and buildings. Our Economic Mission: To operate as an enterprising non-profit, demonstrating excellence in building energy efficiency sector and growing the green economy through innovation, collaboration, education, and training.
All BC residents enjoy living and working in healthy homes and buildings that are constructed and operate at maximum resource efficiency and with minimal environmental impact.
City Green is honoured to have received the following awards for our leadership and service excellence.
- 2018: Green Community Member of the Year, Green Communities Canada
- 2017: ENERGY STAR Canada Award for New Homes in the Sustained Excellence category
- 2017: Finalist, Sustainable Business Practices Award, Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- 2017: Co-winners of the Heritage BC Award in the Heritage Planning and Management category
- 2012: Green Community Member of the Year, Green Communities Canada
- 2010: Environmental Award, District of Saanich
- 2010: Innovation Award, Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- 2010: Business of the Year (26-75 Employees) Award, Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- 2007: Co-Finalist, Premiers Partnership Award for Innovation and Excellence, Province of BC
- 2007: EcoStar Award for Leadership on Climate Change, Capital Regional District
- Over half of the carbon reductions required to achieve current climate goals could come from improved energy productivity and reducing energy consumption in homes and buildings.
- Energy efficiency is the quickest, cleanest and cheapest way to support the transition to a low-carbon economy and meet our future energy needs.
- We are passionate about helping people and businesses make their homes and places of work better.
We deliver experience
- We have been operating for 20 years.
- We completed over 30,000 energy evaluations in British Columbia.
- We have completed over 50 successful energy and water efficiency programs and projects. Visit our Projects page to see what we've done!
- Our client services staff is well trained and knowledgeable about energy efficiency programs, EnerGuide processes and energy efficiency incentives.
We stand for transparency and impartial expertise.
Being an enterprising non-profit means that City Green supports enterprising activities and growth as a means to accelerate energy efficiency and meeting climate targets in British Columbia. Our mission is to excite and inspire and lead British Columbians in reducing the energy use and greenhouse gas emissions of their homes.
Therefore, at City Green it is not our interest to advertise specific products, services, or brands. We are educators and impartial energy efficiency service providers, not salesmen! We will help you find the best solution for your home and help you access financial incentives for your energy efficiency upgrades.
Are you interested in joining the City Green Team and work with us on our energy efficiency programs? Check our current career opportunities!
Rated A+ BBB
The A+ rating represents the highest rating available to businesses, showing that we are operating in a trust worthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filled with BBB. The BBB has been tracking City Green since January 2002.
Unbiased + Neutral
We are not salespeople! Our goal is to help you improve your home's overall energy efficiency, inform you about energy efficiency grants, and to help lower your energy bills by recommending the most cost effective energy efficiency product options for your home.
Our staff work to ensure our clients are well-supported through each step of the grant application process. From booking your first appointment, to receiving your home energy evaluation report, your satisfaction is our number one concern.